Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Catch Up Research

Vector Art


This piece is by Ann Paidrick, an American Vector artist. If you follow the link to her website, you will see the most convincing vector art I have ever seen. I think it is absolutely amazing how real her images appear, and yet there's this eery feeling of them being "too perfect". I cannot even imagine how she made these. I think this type of vector art would work perfectly for advertising, also they make me very hungry.

http://www.ebypaidrick.com/Home.html


Typography



This piece is by digital artist Theo Aartsma. I love this piece because it combines the feel of graffiti with sculpture and even dance. Being rendered digitally allows for this flexible type. This, like a lot of graffiti, transcends even the idea of the text and becomes both a meaningful statement and an abstract piece of art. I think the idea of digitally executed graffiti is a very interesting idea and is very popular right now, also it's not illegal.

http://cargocollective.com/theoaartsma/Economy

No comments:

Post a Comment