Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Krystal Aguilar Week 10 Museum of the Moving Image

The Research:
I browsed through the various links and sections. Watched videos. Looked up artists. Used the in-site search feature. Watched more videos and various art. Sorry for the dryness but research certainly is an organized way to get lost into learning.

Overall, the artist that most caught my eye and inspired me was Eiko Ishioka. The brief mention of her name and the fact that some costumes would be featured in an exhibit did not really illustrate her talents. Through Youtube videos and IMDb. I learned that Eiko had the ability to balance and weave imagination with costume fashion. Her approach was very inclusive with communication with actors, make-up artists, directors and more. I even watched Mirror Mirror just to see her work.
The Inspiration:
I observed how fashion is a crucial tool for an actor to do their job - become another person or character. So I began to ponder "How can I make a stop motion animation video inspired by an impossible reality and fashion?" I played with the idea of being a character, being in a immersed reality, of becoming and transforming. I wanted to maintain the reality that we sometimes long or are curious how it would be like to be someone else or to have an easy life with a different situation.
The Brainstorm:



No comments:

Post a Comment