Thursday, September 26, 2013

Krystal Aguilar - Influence - Week 3

Topic: Image, article or video that influenced your project.
The image below influenced me on the reality and vision concept that I worked on for the project. I chose this images because this photograph embodies many layers that correlate to my concept of identity, fashion and society, who we are without clothes and how we connect with society. At first, I didn’t realize the ballerina was naked and I only made the connotation because of the fashion she was wearing - ballerina shoes. I liked the way she was “framed” by what seems to be a fireplace. I can utilize a frame somehow in my project. I like that the photograph is in black and white because it makes it communicate more emotion and invoke more thought - it is less distracting and more focused. The expression on her face does tell a lot, and I want to tell a lot with my project but without the facial expression instead, the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment