Thursday, September 26, 2013

Krystal Aguilar - Layering - Week 2

Topic: Image layering more than one picture.


“Vintage Surfers”

The image above contains more than one image. It is hard to tell but there might be four images: men, wave, beach and car.

Since the assignment was on layering; I was inspired to choose an image that included clothing and was a part, layer if you will, of me. In fashion, especially winter, layering clothes is a trend to keep warm and stylish. This image could easily be an advertisement for a retail merchandiser. I also like it because I was born in Oceanside, California, next to the ocean. Like this image, I am layered and have a story.

This compilation of photographs offers seems to have been digital images manipulated through Photoshop with the hue being slightly red, the saturation being light and the transparency is lucid. I have a feeling that these men are posing and not in reality spending the day together. The representation is supposed to be of vintage surfers. The vision is artistic. Overall though I chose this specific image because it’s ability to make the viewer think and make a story in their minds. This image communicates to me a place where men in their late 20’s or early 30’s would desire to be- worryfree, timeless, relaxed, with good companions, on vacation, or living on the beach, and even retiring early.

No comments:

Post a Comment